First Year Modules [September 2021 - March 2022]
17/03/22
To begin, the first module I worked on was the “Intro to
Illustration” project which focused on showcasing ourselves through our artwork
using symbolisms and metaphors. Completing this module was rather difficult
personally as we where using new techniques and technology I had not seen in
the past. To create out final pieces we used the Riso printer, which prints
artwork out in layers. The techniques I stuck too throughout this module where
digital as I wanted to focus on something I already knew whilst learning the
process of this new printing technique. Throughout this module I learnt about
layering techniques and how different blending styles, such as dot work, create
different forms of colours and textures. Overall, I didn’t enjoy my overall
outcome as it didn’t feel like something I had produced, it felt more like a
project I had only produced work for because I needed to. The feedback I
received for this module noted on how I needed to try and expand on the
techniques I used throughout but also to look more into understanding the
artists I looked at with a deeper meaning. I would say that since the end of
this module I have definitely progressed further with my artist research,
improving my understanding of their work and focusing more on the techniques they
have as influence.
The second module that I worked on was “Narrative and
Sequential development.” This Module is where we focused on creating a
three-panel story, using different techniques on photoshop. This module was the
first time I had worked with a more comic like layout and at first, I was quite
confident. Throughout the project I learned more so about angles as well as backgrounds
and more natural environments. Overall, I felt as though my work from this
project was mediocre, I do not believe it was produced in the quality it could
have been. Feedback I received at the end of this module was that in the future
I should focus more so on time management so that I can craft these larger
pieces with more delicacy. I believe that in the present I have focused more on
my time management, focusing more on the details and imperfections so that I
can create a more developed piece of work.
The third, more so side module that I completed was “Figure
drawing.” This module was very interesting to me as I found it helped to
improve my concepts of anatomy, something I have wanted to focus on for a long
period of time. We created a series of drawings of a model, incorporating
different styles and techniques into our studies. I found that in this project
I practiced a lot of painting, something I had not previously looked into. I
learnt a lot of skills surrounding both anatomy as well as styles of acrylic
paint. I was quite happy with the work I produced within this module but found
I was short on how much I had actually produced. The feedback I received for
this module was that I had been very safe with the media choices I had used. I
would say that since this project my progress has not been fantastic and I
would say that I would like to continue working on my anatomy and still life
artworks.
The most recent module I have completed was “3D
Visualisation.” Within this module we created more focus on commercial work,
using a fake live brief as inspiration. By the end of this module I believe I
have learnt much about working within a more targeted audience, I found that it
was a great look into the more commercial side of illustration. I felt as
though my final outcome really encapsulated the ideas I had developed
throughout although one critique I would give it would be that I should have
created more detail within the design to target it more towards the correct
audience as I felt as though my design was a bit too childish for a beer can.
This module was a prime example of the progress I have made with my time
management as I found that working through this project I was a lot more
focused and on top of my work.
Comments
Post a Comment